We are unique to the Canadian Forces
We help you take charge of your military career by developing and delivering world-class education and training that are essential to your personal and professional success.
We then help you make it happen by tailoring programs to meet your needs and by providing courses and financial assistance to cover the costs of some of your educational pursuits not provided by the CF. This is done in conjunction with the training and education that you receive from the Navy, Army and Air Force.
How can we do this?
Through programs and activities such as:
CDS Guidance to Commanding Officers
Defence Education Outreach
Defence Learning Network
Canadian Military Journal
Leadership and Profession of Arms Doctrine
We do all of this and much more
We are your Academy
We are your partner in training, education and professional development throughout your military career.
From the moment you enrol in the Canadian Forces until the day you depart, the Academy works together with you to broaden your knowledge, teach you the skills you require to become a leader and provide you with first-class training and education programs.
Did you know?
- There are over 900 courses for which the Academy is responsible.
- $7 million dollars are spent annually on part-time education reimbursement.
- 6,000 CF members take language training on a yearly basis.
- 48,000 DND and CF personnel take an e-learning course using DNDLearn during a one-year period.
- 1,000 candidates apply for the Aboriginal Summer Programs each year.
- Over 1,000 undergrads, 600 post-grads & 5,000 continuing education students attend RMC.
- More than 3,000 people start their military career at Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School every year.
- 16,000 members are trained at Canadian Forces Support Training Group per year.
- $10 million dollars are spent annually for subsidized education.